Updated November 12, 2020
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid.” -John 14:27
While our Mission stays the same, our practices change and grow. As Christ calls us to care for the whole person, and particularly the most vulnerable among us, we are continuing to adapt our common life together in response to the Coronavirus pandemic:
Per recommendations from the FPC COVID Response Task Force, Session has voted to pause our in-person worship (9:00 am service) beginning Sunday, November 15. The Task Force recommends this pause continue until conditions improve to under the 50 COVID infections per 100,000 threshold and the local hospital has greater open bed capacity. Our remote service at 11:00 am will continue
Worship will be remote only until further notice. Join in worship from your home at 11:00 am each Sunday via radio broadcast on KSPI AM780/94.3FM or online at www.stillwaterfpc.org/listenlive and follow the link. We are also on Facebook Live on our First Presbyterian Church Facebook page each Sunday at 11:00am CT. Facebook Live services can be accessed directly at www.facebook.com/StillwaterFPC and you do not need a Facebook account to watch the service. If you miss the live broadcast/livestream, you can listen to previous services or just the sermon anytime, day or night, at www.stillwaterfpc.org/sermon or find the recorded Facebook Live post on our Facebook page. *Permission to reprint, podcast, and/or stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENSE with license #A-707358. All rights reserved.*
Worship First Presbyterian Church is currently offering an in-person worship option at 11:00 am each Sunday. We have made the following changes in an effort to provide as safe and welcoming a worship service as possible:
- All worshipers are asked to use the Duck Street Narthex entrance. All arriving worshipers will have a no-touch temperature check before entering the building.
- A cloth or disposable mask is required for all who enter the building, unless under 5 years of age. Masks are available at the Safety Station.
- Safety Stations are equipped with masks, hand sanitizer, and disinfecting wipes.
- Floors in Narthex and Sanctuary are marked with 6' markers to encourage social distancing.
- As much as we would like to do so, handshakes, hugging, and kisses are strongly discouraged due to risk of Coronavirus transmission.
- Worshipers will be seated by ushers in family groups, spaced at least 6' from other family groups and individuals. The Task Force has redesigned seating to ensure distance between households/individuals.
- Shared surfaces (Bibles, hymnals, offering envelopes, pens, etc.) have been removed from the pews. No items will be passed among worshipers during the service.
- If/when the Sanctuary is full, overflow seating will be made available in the Fellowship Hall, where the worship service will be livestreamed.
- Worship will be spoken-only, and the service will be shorter. This is a big change for us, but we trust that God will be with us in other forms of praise in heart, mind, word, and spirit. Here is why we are not singing together during this time of pandemic. We will continue to enjoy Special Music together.
- Worshipers will be encouraged to leave the Sanctuary and Narthex after worship, so that any visiting with Pastors and one another can occur outside with appropriate distancing.
The FPC COVID Response Task Force and church officers will be paying close attention to our local COVID-19 infection rates and City of Stillwater advisements; this restart date is subject to change if local circumstances make an in-person option unwise.
Worship will be remote only until until the end of July. Join in worship from your home at 11:00 am each Sunday via radio broadcast on KSPI AM780/94.3FM or online at www.stillwaterfpc.org/listenlive and follow the link. We are also on Facebook Live on our First Presbyterian Church Facebook page each Sunday at 11:00am CT. If you miss the live broadcast/livestream, you can listen to previous services or just the sermon anytime, day or night, at www.stillwaterfpc.org/sermon or find the recorded Facebook Live post on our Facebook page.
Sunday School classes will not meet in person until August, but Adult classes are meeting online each Sunday. Children's resources, including Children & Worship videos, can be found on our new family resource website https://www.fpcfaithfulfamilies.com
To find the latest online Adult Sunday School classes, click here. If you do not have regular access to the internet, please call the church office; these online gatherings can also be joined by phone (audio only). Check the weekly First Things @ FPC e-newsletter for links to online classes and events.
If you would like to receive e-newsletters for children or youth and their families, please contact Director of Children and Youth Ministries Jenna Campbell at email@example.com
The Church Office and building is currently closed to the general public. Church staff continue to work remotely as much as possible and inside the building as needed. If you would like to visit the Columbarium or have another access need, please call the church office number at 405-372-5580 and we will make arrangements with you. If you have a pastoral need, email one of our pastors or please call the afterhours pastor emergency line 405-338-7545.
Small Groups may resume meeting in person in FPC facilities in coordination with the church office. Small groups must have their members check in at an FPC Safety Station, practice social distancing, and wear face masks when inside the buildings. If your small group or ministry would like to resume meeting in person, please call 405-3720-5580.
Midweek Prayer meets via Zoom meeting, which can be joined online or over the phone. See First Things @ FPC weekly e-newsletter for information to join, or call the church office for information on how to join.
Thursday Bible Study will resume in-person meetings on Thursday, July 2 at 10:00 am. Bible study will be 30 minutes and will also have a Zoom option for those who want to continue joining from home. See First Things @ FPC weekly e-newsletter for information to join, or call the church office for information on how to join.
We want to lift up the prayer concerns of one another; if you have a prayer request this week, please contact a pastor, call the church office number, or visit www.stillwaterfpc.org/prayer to submit your prayer request to us online.
Saturday Brunch received local officials’ permission to continue, using safety measures we implemented several weeks ago. We are operating with a very small group of volunteers each week, and offering grab-and-go meals only to our guests. If you are able to help with this ministry and are not in one of the at-risk categories outlined by the CDC, please contact the church office number to sign up.